Monday, February 23, 2009

Makeover!


I got a new ‘do! I am probably a hair designer’s worst nightmare. I have a ton of long, thick hair. And every few months I get bored with my style. So I go into the salon and tell the girls, “Just do something new! Something trendy.” Right. That’s all I give them to go on. Luckily, I have found a designer who knows what’s hot and trendy and what will look good on me. I met Petra Sondi at a trade show shortly after moving to Orlando. Initially, I just wanted a little change, so at the show she gave me a quick trim and added just a few layers. It was great, I loved it. It was just what I wanted. It was different yet trendy and went well with what I had to work with. But alas, a few months later the desire for something new came along. Time to call Petra at J Bauman Salon. I also had a friend come along who had an idea of how I should do my hair. So we went to see Petra, I threw out my usual “time to change line” and off we went. Even with my vague “kinda, sorta like this” statements, Petra somehow knows exactly what I’m talking about. It’s great. She studies in Europe for the latest trends and techniques along with continuing her studies here in the US. The chopping went on forever it seemed like as I watched long locks fall to the floor. And about an hour later I emerged with a great style! My hair is still long like I want, lots of layers which I love and bangs which are the all the rage. I look like a completely different person and I love it! So while Petra may dread seeing me walk in the door, I love walking in only with a want of change and no direction yet somehow leaving with a great style and a smile on my face!

2 comments: