Friday, February 6, 2009

A Big Let Down

I love trying new restaurants and occassionally new things to eat. After moving to a new state and a big city, I was so excited to try out friend's suggestions. My cousin INSISTED I try this rib place as they had the best chicken strips ever. If you know anything about me, you know I love chicken so I was stoked to try this new place. I checked it out online where the restaurant's web site again boasted the best chicken strips around. The reviews online weren't bad, said prices were decent and food portions were filling. So I went. I was excited and I was hungry. Of course I ordered the chicken strips. As I waited for the food to come, my brother and I talked about the hype of this joint. The food came, it looked great. But oh what a let down. The chicken was dry and the sauces weren't even that good. How disappointing. Maybe the cook was having a bad day, I'm not sure. But I do know I won't be going back to give it another try. What a shame. I've been hearing the hype about this place since I moved here. You MUST eat there! You've NEVER had chicken that good. Riiiight. McDonald's chicken nuggets are better. And I'm not even sure they have real chicken! So I guess my final though is this: we build ourselves up for so much, in my case chicken, and are we just setting ourselves up for disappointment? I guess maybe it could have had a different outcome at a different chain of this restaurant. And I guess I will never know. I left with my hunger satisfied - the purpose of a restaurant, but I feel somehow cheated. And a little let down.

1 comment: